How's everything going?
This is Kei and Kazuki, founders of Glasp 👋
We hand-picked 3 good articles for you to highlight this week. Hope they'll help you get new ideas and perspectives. (You can read this online!)
📚 3 Good Articles for You
Stop looking for The One: The Inverted Pyramid of Life
by Anne-Laure Le Cunff (6 mins)
- The article critiques societal norms that push individuals to specialize and narrow their focus with age, represented by a pyramid.
- The author suggests inverting this pyramid, expanding interests, careers, and relationships as we mature for a richer life.
- Embracing this self-complexity provides emotional resilience and fosters personal growth.
10 Parabolas of Moderation
by Jessica Hagy (2 mins)
- The author advises moderation in life, from understanding one's environment to setting realistic expectations.
- The article highlights the importance of avoiding extremes in reliability, social activity, and skepticism.
- It recommends a balanced approach towards being skeptical and caring about one's work to avoid missing opportunities and stressing excessively.
The IKEA Effect - Why people fall in love with their own ideas
by Howie Mann (3 mins)
- The IKEA effect refers to people overvaluing things they've put effort into, leading to a higher perceived value of self-assembled or self-created items.
- This cognitive bias can create organizational pitfalls such as sunk cost effects and preference for internally-developed ideas even if they are inferior.
- Mitigation strategies include acknowledging unconscious bias, early prototype testing, customer engagement, and conducting growth experiments.
- 🟩 Test Glasp mobile app:
We released the Glasp iOS mobile app (test version). You can test it through TestFlight. Click this link to try it out! If you're not familiar with TestFlight, please read this tutorial.
- 🟥 Community Meetup:
We'll have a monthly community meetup at 10 am on August 11th (PDT). We're looking forward to seeing you all! Please feel free to jump in and out. You can register for the event from here 🤝
👀 Featured Curator on Glasp
Rudram learns economics, product management, web3, and more! Let’s follow him and learn together!
Please mention @Glasp and share your profile page on Twitter if you’d like to get featured!
We found some people who mentioned Glasp in their articles and blogs, and we appreciate all the kindness!
- Thank you for taking the time to talk to us! Your feedback is insightful and helps us improve the product!
We found that Glasp was featured in the articles below. Thank you for writing about Glasp!
- AI-based Content Curation Tools on Practical Ecommerce
- AI-Powered Tools Revolutionizing Content Curation on CityLife
- Google Assistant to get the LLM update on Ben's Bites
- AI Masters & Business Leaders Club on Linkedin
- How to Highlight Online with Glasp — A Beginner’s Guide on Medium
Thank you all for sharing and mentioning us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and/or in your blogs 🙂 We appreciate all of your support! Please feel free to ask us anything at any time! Also, feel free to join our Slack community ;)
Hope you enjoyed reading this newsletter!
See you next week ;)
Kei and Kazuki
Quote of The Day: “The height of a man’s success is gauged by his self-mastery and the depth of his failure by his self-abandonment.” — Leonardo da Vinci
P.S. We are thinking about accepting newsletter sponsorship. If you are interested, please apply here.
Is Glasp helpful for you?