How's everything going?
This is Kei and Kazuki, founders of Glasp 👋
We hand-picked 3 good articles for you to highlight this week. Hope they'll help you get new ideas and perspectives. (You can read this online!)
📚 3 Good Articles for You
The Mind is a Computer
by Scott H. Young (5 mins)
- Scott H Young compares the mind to a computer, based on the abstract concept of information processing.
- The brain's complexity and interconnectedness differ significantly from conventional computers, leading to unique human cognition.
- Objections around human emotions and consciousness are addressed by framing them within computational contexts and emphasizing the brain's unique architecture.
by Irina Dumitrescu (4 mins)
- Engaging in enjoyable activities can be surprisingly difficult to initiate due to internal resistance.
- "Discipline" as a solution might inadvertently turn these activities into obligations, leading to rebellion.
- Embracing "play" could be a more effective way to overcome resistance and indulge in loved activities.
How developing mental immunity can protect us from bad ideas
by Dr. Hannah Rose (6 mins)
- Mental immunity helps the mind detect and reject misinformation, analogous to the body's immune system targeting pathogens.
- Enhancing mental immunity promotes critical thinking, aids in discerning false information, and encourages cognitive flexibility based on credible evidence.
- Increase awareness of misinformation, cultivate evidence-based beliefs (meta-beliefs), and practice diverse and critical content consumption.
- 🟩 Test Glasp mobile app:
We released the Glasp iOS mobile app (test version). You can test it through TestFlight. Click this link to try it out! If you're not familiar with TestFlight, please read this tutorial.
- 🟥 Community Meetup:
We'll have a monthly community meetup at 10 am on August 11th (PDT). We're looking forward to seeing you all! Please feel free to jump in and out. You can register for the event from here 🤝
- 🟦 Read5for5:
We're going to have the Read5for5 challenge in the week of August 14th! We will share the details this weekend. Let's read good articles and connect with like-minded people.
👀 Featured Curator on Glasp
Stacey learns productivity, wellness, mental health, and more! Let’s follow her and learn together!
Please mention @Glasp and share your profile page on Twitter if you’d like to get featured!
🐣 User’s Hatch
Here’s an insightful hatch by Kerry Friend
Hatch is a new feature that generates new ideas/articles by finding common points in two articles. Please check here to see how to use it.
We found some people who mentioned Glasp in their articles and blogs, and we appreciate all the kindness!
- Thank you for taking the time to talk to us! Your feedback is insightful and helps us improve the product!
We found that Glasp was featured in the articles below. Thank you for writing about Glasp!
- 15 YouTube Video Summarizer AI Tools to Check Out on Neal Schaffer
- Top 10 Chrome Extensions Every Freelancer Must Have on insight.ng
Thank you all for sharing and mentioning us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and/or in your blogs 🙂 We appreciate all of your support! Please feel free to ask us anything at any time! Also, feel free to join our Slack community ;)
Hope you enjoyed reading this newsletter!
See you next week ;)
Kei and Kazuki
Quote of The Day: “Once you’ve truly controlled your own fate, for better or for worse, you’ll never let anyone else tell you what to do.” ― Naval Ravikant
P.S. We are thinking about accepting newsletter sponsorship. If you are interested, please apply here.
Is Glasp helpful for you?