What is account verification?
You can see a blue verified mark next to the user's name. The verified mark means that the account meets our eligibility requirements. To get your account verified, please apply below. But please understand that your account will not be verified if you haven't met the eligibility criteria.
Starting on June 13, 2023, we'll be accepting an application from users and giving the verified mark to some selected users with clear criteria.
The benefit of account verification
Once your account is verified, you can have these benefits below.
- Exposure: Your account is displayed on
Who to followon the Home feed as recommended to follow. And your account would be shown at the top of the search result.
- Followers: As your account is displayed a lot both on and outside of Glasp, you would have a lot of followers on Glasp. Therefore, you would have powerful distribution.
- Feature: We feature Glasp users in our social media and newsletter. We prioritize verified accounts.
- Author account creation: Verified users can create a reserved (author) account on Glasp. With this, you can tag authors to your highlighted articles on the
My Highlightspage even if the author of the article isn't on Glasp yet. To see about the reserved account, please check the page, "How do I create an author account on Glasp?"
Eligibility criteria for the verified mark
Our team uses eligibility criteria when the verified mark is given to ensure we maintain the integrity of the platform. Your account must meet the following criteria to receive or retain the verified mark:
- Complete: Your account must have a display name and profile photo.
- Active use: Your account must be active in the past 30 days. "Active" means you highlight web content.
- Security: Your account must be older than 30 days.
- Days of use: You must highlight 30 days or highlight 6 weeks. Please check
Total Weekson the
- Invitation: You must invite at least five users to Glasp. You can check the number of users invited at
Invite Friendson the Setting page. To see how we regard an
Invite, please check this page.
• Your account must have no recent changes to your profile photo, display name, or username.
• Your account must have no signs of being misleading or deceptive.
• Your account must have no signs of engaging in platform manipulation and spam.
The verified mark will appear once our team reviews your application and if it meets our requirements.
Please apply through this link.
Loss of the verified mark
By the Glasp Terms of Service, Glasp may remove the verified mark of an account at any time without notice.
To minimize confusion and promote integrity on the platform, changes to your profile photo, display name, or username will result in a temporary loss of the verified mark until your account is validated as continuing to meet our requirements. No further changes to your profile photo, display name, or username will be allowed during this review period.
The verified mark will appear again once our team reviews your account and if it continues to meet our requirements.
Glasp may also remove the verified mark from accounts that are found to violate the Glasp Rules.
Any violation of the Glasp Terms of Service or Glasp Rules, manipulation of Glasp processes, or circumvention of enforcement actions may result in the loss of the verified mark or certain instances, suspension.
- Please contact us via Twitter, Linkedin, or Slack if you'd like to remove the verified mark.
- Please understand that it takes time for us to review your application. And there would be a chance that your account won't be verified.
- Even if your account hasn't met the criteria, we would verify your account if it satisfies the following things:
• Is he/she using Glasp as we expect? (highlight, tag, notes, etc)
• Does he/she care about Glasp, the community, and other people including future generations?
• Will he/she bring new perspectives for other users/communities?